Learn to build a full-stack Next.js app from the ground up!
The app you'll build
An AI Quiz app that generates questions and gives feedback on your answers
- dark mode
- responsive styles
- AI chat completions
- reading/writing to a remote database
Check out the demo!
Who is this course for?
- Devs learning React and CSS who want to practice
- Devs with individual skills who want to see how everything fits together
- Experienced web devs who want to learn the latest tech
What you'll learn
- TypeScript for type safety and hints that make for a great dev experience
- Next.js including the app router and React server components
- Prisma an object-relational mapper to use TypeScript objects to interact with a PostgreSQL database
- Supabase Database open-source cloud PostgreSQL database
- Supabase Auth open-source authentication via email or OAuth
- Panda CSS (or possibly a different design system that works equally well with React server components...). Read my thoughts on Panda CSS
- The Vercel AI SDK including streaming AI responses from the edge runtime to the client
What you should know before taking the course
example skills: running npm commands on a MacOS, Linux, or Windows command-line
example skills: writing functions, array functions such as map and filter, async / await
example skills: fundamentals for layout and text styling
example skills: functional components and the useState hook
Stay in the loop!
Add yourself to the mailing list for news about beta testing and preview access for this project.
One or two emails per month; unsubscribe any time. Your email will never be shared or sold.